What do you do when God's timing seems questionable,
His lack of intervention hurtful,
and His promises doubtful?
Life often looks so very different than we hoped or expected.
Some events may simply catch us off guard for a moment,
but others shatter us completely.
We feel disappointed and disillusioned,
and we quietly start to wonder about the reality of God's goodness.
Lysa TerKeurst understands this deeply.
But she's also discovered that our disappointments can be the
divine appointments our souls need to radically encounter God.
In It's Not Supposed To Be This Way ,
Lysa invites us into her own journey of faith and,
with grit, vulnerability, and fresh biblical insight, helps us to :
- Stop being pulled into the anxiety of disappointment by discovering how to
better process unmet expectations and other painful situations
- Train ourselves to recognize the three strategies of the enemy so we can
stand strong and persevere through unsettling relationships and
- Discover the secret of being steadfast and not panicking when
God actually does give us more than we can handle
- Shift our suspicion that God is cruel or unfair to the biblical assurance
that God is protecting and preparing us
- Know how to encourage a friend and help her navigate hard realities
with real help from God's truth
Authors: Lysa TerKeurst
Dimensions (L x W x H cm): 14.2 x 2.3 x 21.6
Publisher: Thomas Nelson Publishers; Special ed. edition