The Family Nutrition Book, Paperback, English
Help your entire family enjoy the benefits of healthy eating - with this essential nutrition guide from America's foremost childcare experts.
The food you offer your children has a profound effect on their physical, emotional, and intellectual health. That's why Dr. Bill and Martha Sears want to help you understand the basics of healthy eating.
In The Family Nutrition Book, the Searses offer a crash course in the six essential nutrient groups required for optimal health - fats, carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, minerals, and fiber. They also unravel the mysteries of the metabolic process, showing how and why people with different body types metabolize food differently. The comprehensive information they provide will enable you to become your own family nutritionist.
The topics covered include:
- Giving your baby the best nutritional start
- Advice on feeding picky eaters
- How to tell whether your child is eating enough
- How to decipher a food label
- How to create a balanced vegetarian diet
- How to pack a nutritious lunch
- Safe and effective ways to control your child's weight
- Understanding which fats are food for you and which fats are not
- Tips on how to make healthy eating fun for your whole family
As medical professionals and as parents who have spent nearly thirty years feeding their own eight children, Bill and Martha Sears are uniquely qualified to answer virtually every question you might have about family nutrition. With their help, you can be confident about the food choices you make for every member of your family, from infant to adult.
Author: William Sears & Martha Sears